Course Catalog and Scheduling
Please see the Course Catalog 2023-2024 for course descriptions, laude information, and procedures.
COURSE REGISTRATION PROCESS
Carefully selecting high school courses is an important process. Each year, with the advice and consultation of parents/guardians and the school counselor, students should consider both teacher recommendations and their own educational and career goals when making their course requests.
- School counselors will present in December or January to every freshman, sophomore, and junior English classroom about graduation requirements, the Laude System, and how to make course requests through Infinite Campus. Eighth grade students will also meet with a high school counselor in December or January to make course requests.
- Student course requests determine which classes are offered the following year and how many sections are offered for each course. It is imperative that all students and parents give careful consideration to course requests at this time. Please review the Course Catalog and see teachers or the school counselor for questions.
- Students should make certain that they select a total of 16 units in Infinite Campus. Yearlong courses that end in “P1” are taught during the first semester and “P2” are taught during the second semester. Students will need to request both “P1” and “P2” for yearlong courses. Students may designate preference for alternative courses; however, students need to be aware that courses may be moved by administration in order to balance the total school schedule.
- As a student selects courses, he or she should consider Lodi High School graduation requirements, personal needs, and individual interests. If attending college is in future plans, a student should also consider the minimum college admission requirements for the colleges or universities to which he or she may apply. See the “Post-Secondary Information” section in the course catalog for more information.
- If a student is considering playing sports collegiately, he or she should also consider NCAA/NAIA requirements to help ensure that minimum college admission requirements are met. It is recommended that all college-bound students attempt to meet these requirements. Students are advised to talk with their counselors and consult websites or contact each college or university individually for details about sport eligibility.
After students meet with their counselor, it will be difficult to make changes to courses. Once course selection is complete, students are expected to keep the courses they have selected. In some cases, courses may not run due to insufficient enrollment. Additionally, a requested course may conflict with another requested course. In these cases, alternative courses will be added to the student’s schedule. Students who fail to make course requests will have their requests made for them by their counselors.
How to Schedule Courses in I.C.
Log into student Infinite Campus portal
On the left hand side, click on “More”
Click on “Course Registration”
Click on “2024-25 Registration”
All requests automatically save, simply log out when you have entered all requests.
Please view the following videos to aid in making requests for next year: